I'm so excited to share this part of the bathroom! Over two weeks and numerous layers of paint, it's done! Well... almost done that is.
Remember that I'm trying to work with what I have which includes the almond vanity countertop. I plan on replacing the faucet. And the strip of orange wood on the bottom? I was thinking of doing something fun there. We shall see! If you don't remember, this is what we started with:
We replaced the light fixture and moved the light upwards. Next, I took the sides off of the vanity counter. It really lightened it up and made it feel more modern. I scored the caulk with a knife and Oscar used whatever we had on hand to pry it away from the wall. We weren't worried about the drywall since there were a lot of repairs to make in that department already.
Then I prepared the cabinets for new hardware I had found at Home Depot. I did this before I painted so I didn't risk chipping the paint. I used this gadget I got at Lowes to act as a guide.
I used the same method for painting as I did for the kitchen cabinets but with a few extra coats of paint. Also, my top coat was a semi-gloss and I'm loving the sheen. The hardware plus new hinges cost under $40 and I had the paint on hand.